Friday, April 3, 2009

national poetry month

It's poetry month. In celebration (because I am seriously excited!) I will be trying very hard to post a new poem on my blog each day, maybe even more than one a day depending on how many I find that I love. And maybe I will even include some of my own. You'll notice the difference, mine will be the ones that suck.
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/archive/poetrytool.html This site is awesome.

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -by Emily Dickinson

“Hope” is the thing with feathers -
That perches in the soul -
And sings the tune without the words -
And never stops - at all -


And sweetest - in the Gale - is heard -
And sore must be the storm -
That could abash the little Bird
That kept so many warm -


I’ve heard it in the chillest land -
And on the strangest Sea -
Yet - never - in Extremity,
It asked a crumb - of me.

No comments: