Sunday, June 28, 2009

a reflection brought to you by me thanks in part to postsecret.blogspot.com

It's funny how simple words can inspire you. I felt empty of words these past couple of days. I felt I had written everything I could write. That I would never finish my story or write any others. Then I saw this postcard on the postsecret blog and I felt emotions run through me. They are things I felt as a teenager. Things I thought to be true. The only things I thought I had control over. I was wrong. I was senseless. I was potentially hurting myself in an attempt to feel one small ounce of control. That was my problem. One of them. Maybe I still have trouble with that one sometimes. But seeing that postcard and all the others for that matter, makes me want to write. They make me want to fill myself with these emotions and see where the words form. What they say. What they need to say. What they feel. Everyone has a story to tell, right?

No comments: